Got some extra year-end marketing budget?
It’s a common theme amongst marketers, as the end of the year approaches, you realize you have extra budget.
While it seems counterintuitive to raise red flags about spending less money, not utilizing your budget could hurt your team in the future. When you don’t spend allocated marketing budget, there’s potential that you’ll lose out on those funds in the next fiscal year.
Use it, don’t lose it. Budget is a terrible thing to waste!
How can you make the most out of allocating your end-of-year budget?
Work on a small project with big results.
Have you been planning on implementing a side project, but just haven’t found the time? Prioritize a smaller endeavor with the potential for big results using any leftover budget as a catalyst.
Try revamping your SEO keyword opportunities, design an infographic, invest in a better CRM integration or make your website more responsive. Whatever you plan on doing, finding the right specialists in a short amount of time is the key. Luckily, Agency Spotter can help you find the right creative partner for projects big or small without wasting time. Whether you have 10K, 30K or 50K left over, we have an agency for you.
Remember, the smallest actions can have the biggest impact.
Jump start next year’s project.
Already planning on a big project for the beginning of next year? Why not start now! Allocate those extra resources toward your next initiative, freeing up budget for other endeavors later in the upcoming year. It’ll also save you a ton of stress after the holiday – you can breathe easier knowing you got a head start on next year’s project.
Here are three examples of things you could get started on:
1. Schedule a planning or scoping workshop to get your ducks in a row.
2. Have your agency kickoff the analysis and research phase so you have insights to base next years work off of.
3. You can kickoff wireframing and information architecture for that mobile app or website redesign your doing next year.
Getting a head start on next year’s project is important, but it is just as important to have your agencies lined up for those projects. Don’t end up rushing last minute to find your agency partners, use Agency Spotter’s “Lists” function to have your agency roster up-to-date and minimize all the risk of finding the wrong agency.
Treat yourself, your team and your agency partner.
It’s always nice to use that extra budget towards a marketing project, but when was the last time you and your team treated yourself to something nice. Celebrate your success on the past year and get ready for the grind of a new year. Take a deep breath, celebrate your wins and reward your team.
So many times its your agency partners taking you out for drinks, show your appreciation to your agency partner for all those hours they put in. Also, don’t forget to leave them a client review to show them how much you really care!
- Break the Bad Budget Habit- Find Next Year’s Partner Today (Agency Spotter)
- Outsmart the Numbers. Maximize Your Marketing Budget for End of Year: 2014 (Agency Spotter)
- 4 Tips for Better RFP Responses (Agency Spotter)
Latest posts by Nichole Wolf (see all)
- Make the Most of Your Year-End Marketing Budget - October 8, 2015
- 5 Questions to Ask Your Next PPC Agency - September 23, 2015
- Break The Bad Budget Habit – Find Next Year’s Partner Today - September 10, 2015