The best Philly cheesesteak in Philadelphia is…
The results are in. The age-old debate of the best Philly cheesesteak in Philadelphia has finally been decided by the 10 featured creative agencies and design firms from our Philly Spotlight.
Through rigorous research and testing, we were able to find a clear winner in the battle of best Philly cheesesteak. While we saw a number of familiar faces, there were also a few restaurants that we’ve never heard of and also some conflicting opinions from our fellow agencies. Before we present the winner, lets take a look at the meaty cheesy contenders.
- Expressway Productions: Bill Murphy’s Irish Saloon AKA the Saloonery
- 215 Marketing: “We Plead the 5th.”
- Brolik: Del Rossi’s – “Forget this Pat’s and Geno’s nonsense.”
- Shamlian Creative: Tony Luke’s
- Crossmedia: Dalessandro’s
- Red Tettemer O’Connell + Partners: “We think the best cheesesteaks aren’t found at the cheesesteak shops. Find your favorite neighborhood piece joint, and order one there with extra cheese. Real cheese, not whiz. Never wit whiz.”
- Here’s My Chance: Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- DePersico Group: Dalessandro’s
- Mighty Engine: “Tony Luke’s in South Philly; Sonny’s Original Cheesesteaks right here in the neighborhood.”
- Works Design Group: “We wont pick just one. That said, Pat’s, Tony Luke’s, Jim’s are on our priority list. And John’s Roast Pork.”
Runner Up: Dalessandro’s
Coming in with a whopping two votes from Crossmedia and DePersico Group, Dalessandro’s just missed out on the “best Philly cheesesteak” title. Maybe next time Dalessandro’s.
Runner Up: Dalessandro’s
Winner: Tony Luke’s
You might be thinking to yourself, “Hey, there’s no science behind this. You just asked a bunch of agencies what their favorite spot is…and some gave more than one spot.” You’re absolutely right. But the results are in and cannot be denied. Tony Luke’s by the slimmest of margins beat Dalessandro’s to be crowned as the undisputed Philly Cheesesteak Champion of the World!
Winner: Tony Luke’s Philly Cheesesteak
To see a more in-depth breakdown of the best Philly cheesesteaks in Philadelphia, check out the article by Visitphilly.com to see the history behind the cheesesteak, how to order said cheesesteak, and the top 10 spots to visit.
For a more in-depth breakdown of the best Philly creative agencies and design firms, check out our Philly Spotlight Hub to see agency deep-dives, the best Philadelphia agencies from digital to design and more! Now go. Try these cheesesteaks and send us some pics!