HMG Creative is the award-winning branding, web design and marketing agency situated in the heart of Austin. This small but mighty agency is never short on BIG ideas, bringing the best problem-solvers and innovators to the front of the table. HMG knows that to be the best in digital, you have to lead not follow. They offer a full spectrum of digital services and constantly stay up-to-date on the newest strategies so that their clients always receive the best. HMG Creative isn’t your typical boutique digital agency. Come see the magic that makes them special!
Location: Austin, TX
In Austin Since: 2011
Core Services: Branding, Website Design and Development, and Interactive Marketing Services.
# of Employees: 8-10
# of Four-Legged Employees: 0
Company Mantra: “Work Hard. Work Smart. Be Inspired – Creativity That Delivers.”
Most Interesting Physical Thing in Your Office?
Our fast, furious, and award winning pinewood derby cars…and their enormous trophies. Shout out to Sitegoals for hosting the pixelwood derby.
What does #agencylife mean to you?
To us, #agencylife means having a supportive staff that can effectively collaborate and execute ideas to our clients in order to provide the best possible service. On certain Thursdays, we also like to take a break as a team and enjoy Happy Hour at one of our favorite local downtown Austin bars.
“We’re a small agency with BIG ideas. We are creative and resourceful, simple yet innovate, problem solvers and designers, this is our DNA.”
– James Trumbly, Founder & Managing Partner
In 10 Words or Less, What We Do for Our Clients:
We spark creative ideas through knowledge, experience, and execution.
3 Characteristics We Look for in Potential Clients:
Our Clients Love Us Because:
We use our creative chops and expertise to deliver transparent, accountable and timely results.
Clients We’ve Helped:
Onstream Media, Back Bar USA, ACT Foundation, The State Bar of Texas, RetailMeNot, Tango Health, Faces+, Onestar Foundation, AcademicWorks, Texas A&M, TXDOT, Cox Media.
The #1 Thing We Love About Austin:
Social acceptance is more versatile. You can be yourself and not be judged– it’s Austin; everyone’s weird in their special way!
How does your agency help Keep Austin Weird?
We believe the essence of keeping Austin weird is supporting our local businesses. Working with companies like Epicom, Tango Health, Onestar Foundation, AcademicWorks and RetailMeNot, that were founded in Austin, we are helping cultivate the strong and “weird” community that we all enjoy.
What are your most admired local brands?
Titos – For providing us quality vodka that doesn’t make us quiet as hungover; C3 – For giving us Austin City Limits Festival and other great shows; SXSW – For bringing the world of music, tech, film, comedy, gaming, and sports to our town; Alamo Drafthouse – For giving us booze, food, and excellently curated throwback films; Franklin’s – Even though we can’t have it for another month.
What are the top things your team will be doing at SXSW this year?
We will definitely be seeing our top 5 must-see speakers that we listed in our blog. We will be following twitter closely so that we’re in the know for secret showcases too.
During SXSW, what is the…
- Hidden Gem: The Lose Control Hidden Party – Lose Control is the largest unofficial dance party that has been going on for 7 years now during SXSW. The event takes place every night during SXSW and the lineup is spontaneous. Lost Control takes electronic dance music to a new level, hosting DJs with an unreleased lineup, keeping fans on their toes about who may be coming to this party.
- Most Overhyped: Spotify House – Although Spotify House presents some of the top artists of our time, the crowds they bring forth are almost not even worth the time spent. Not only does Spotify House introduce top performers, but they also host daily events such as SoulCycle rides and the PlayStation Music Arcade, allowing people to play games that are not released yet. If you have the patience, definitely go to Spotify House, but in our opinion, there is more events to attend to at SXSW that has everything Spotify House has to offer, but with a larger space and less crowds.
Which is your favorite Austin food truck?
Veracruz All Natural, Chi’lantro, La Barbecue Cuisine Texicana, East Side King, Micklethwait Craft Meats, Hey! You Gonna Eat or What?, The Peached Tortilla.
The Peached Tortilla
Visit the Web Design Activation Hub to follow our coverage on top web design agencies, web design projects, expert articles and more.
Keeping Austin Weirder
The marketing and design scenes play a huge part in Austin’s creative culture. But how many agencies and design firms do you really know in the city? From advertising agency, Door Number 3, to branding studio, Creative Tonic, we will give you a detailed looked at the designers, marketers and creatives keeping Bat City super weird.
So sit back, relax, as we take you on a trip through Austin’s creative scene…
Stay up to date on all the content during our #AustinSpotted Activation by visiting the Austin Content Hub.
Latest posts by Daniel Kim (see all)
- 50 Largest Marketing Companies in the World - January 3, 2018
- Top 20 Most Important Women in Marketing - December 4, 2017
- Ask The Expert: How To Assess The Health Of Strategic Agency Partners - November 14, 2017