Get to know FORGE Worldwide and how they contribute to the hustle of the Hub.
Agency Spotter is all about helping marketers and agencies get to know each other. Discover the talent that makes Boston’s Forge Worldwide an advertising agency that drills down to brand truths with smarts and style.
Location: Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood
Core Service: Advertising
Additional Services: Social Media, Branding, Motion/Video, Graphic/Communication
1. How did Forge get its start in Boston?
Almost a decade ago two men were working together for some other guy’s agency. They got to talking and said things like:
“What if we worked together at our own agency?”
“What if we ran things our way, let great ideas rule, and created an culture where individuals thrive as a team?”
“What should we have for lunch?”
The answers were: “It would be fantastic.” “That would be an awesome agency.” “Mexican.”
2. How would you describe Forge in three words?
3. What makes the Boston creative community unique?
Boston is a big city packed into the space of a small one. So the creative community here is incredibly tight knit, because everyone you run into is someone you used to work with, someone you are working with, or someone you really want to work with. It makes for a fun mix of mutual respect and incredible competitiveness.
4. Tell us more about Forge’s “Bedrock Truth.”
Every brand has a single, elemental truth about it that is the real reason any consumer will care about it. Why any consumer values it. It is also a truth in what the brand values in itself. We find that truth and craft messages around it. Those messages connect with people on a human level that traditional marketing-speak never could. It’s also a registered trademark, so don’t even think about it.
5. Have any great client success stories you’d like to share?
Normally we’d answer this kind of question with stats about sales growth or market share, but in April our clients Spaulding Rehabilitation Network had over 100 of their employees run the Boston Marathon, raising more than $700,000 for their hospitals and rehabilitation clinics. These good people trained and pushed and accomplished greatness in the name of helping others. We don’t have a better story than that this year.
6. How do your canine coworkers contribute to Forge’s success?
The dogs of Forge are a lot like the big ideas we’re always trying to come up with – they don’t usually come when you try to call them, and then when you aren’t expecting it, they just show up, and it really makes your day.
Thanks for chatting with us Forge!
Keep the Conversation Going
Check out Forge’s portfolio on Agency Spotter to learn more and see how you’re connected. While you’re there,
- If you’ve worked with them, give them a rating
- If you like what you see, share their portfolio
- If you’re interested in seeing how they could help you, contact them
For more Boston goodness, head over to Agency Spotter’s Boston Hub for more agency features, video interviews, and thought-provoking articles.
Latest posts by Claire Wallace (see all)
- Smarter Than Ben Franklin: Discover Philadelphia Creative Agencies - November 9, 2015
- Beer and Silver Bowls: A Night at the Hatch Awards - October 22, 2015
- Ask the Expert: 5 Insights for Managing Your Creative Agency - September 16, 2015